TRAI has mandated new Mobile Number Portability (MNP) rules, which will come into place for subscribers across India from 16 December 2019
The new Mobile Number Portability (MNP) rules mandated by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Government of India will officially come into place from 16 December 2019. The rules will apply to all subscribers and service providers across India.
According to the new and revised MNP process, the Unique Porting Code (UPC) will be generated only when the subscriber is eligible to port-out his mobile number. As per the new MNP rules, the UPC will be generated only as far as the following clause hold good:
- In the case of Post-Paid mobile connection, the subscriber must have cleared the ‘outstanding dues’ towards the existing telecom service provider for the issued bill(s) as per the normal billing cycle.
- Activation in the present operator’s network is not less than 90 days.
- Request for change of ownership of mobile number is not in process.
- There is no pending contractual obligation(s) to be fulfilled by the subscriber as per the exit clause provided in the subscriber agreement.
- The porting of the mobile number is not prohibited by the court of law.
- The mobile number sought to be ported is not sub-judice.
Furthermore, for individual non-corporate mobile numbers, once the UPC is issued, the porting request submitted by the subscriber within the validity period of UPC will not be rejected. UPC will be valid for four days for all Licensed Service Areas (LSAs) except the LSAs of Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and North last where it will remain valid for 30 days.
Porting to another operator within the same circle (Licensed Service Area) will be executed within three working days and if porting is for another circle (License Service Area), it will be executed within 5 days, says the notice from TRAI. For more information on the new Mobile Number Portability (MNP) rules, check the official notification in detail.https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js
Source: DQINDIA ONLINE