The rivalry in India’s budget smartphone market is about to get even cut-throat. After announcement of Realme 6 Series,Redmi NOTE 9 is to Debut With Quad Rear Cameras, a square-shaped camera.
- Redmi Note 9 series has been teased online
- It is likely to include Redmi Note 9 and Redmi Note 9 Pro phones
- Redmi Note 9 series is expected to have 5G support
As we await the launch of the Realme 6 series later this week, its arch-nemesis Xiaomi is now ready to launch the next Redmi Note smartphone. Redmi Note 9 series will succeed the uber-popular Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Xiaomi has set up an official landing page for the upcoming Redmi Note 9 series and it gives you a sneak peek at the aqua-colored 3D glass back panel. The company is coyly giving us a look at the front as well but the image isn’t as clear as you might expect. It appears like the device may include a notch-less or a dual punch-hole display.
As for the internals, you can expect the recently launched Snapdragon 720G to power the Redmi Note 9. However, we suggest you take this with a pinch of salt and wait for an official word from the Chinese giant. The camera system should be led by a 64MP sensor, same as the Redmi Note 8 Pro, so that’s great. You will find a USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and speaker grill at the bottom,
In an official tweet, Xiaomi India MD Manu Kumar Jain confirmed that the Redmi Note 9 series is set to arrive on March 12, merely a week after Realme 6 and 6 Pro. The tweet further reads, “Brace yourselves because #ProCamerasMaxPerformance is going to be nothing like you’ve ever seen before!” And you can notice in the teaser image that the Redmi Note 9 will boast a square quad-camera setup.
If we look at the teaser image released by the Redmi India Twitter account on Monday, the Redmi Note 9 series will come with a quad rear camera setup. The phones appear to have a square-shaped camera setup — similar to what we saw on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Nova 5i Pro. Some users are also relating the setup appears in the teaser image with the camera module available on the iPhone 11 Pro models, though the latter have triple cameras over a quad camera setup.
Alongside the camera setup, the teaser image suggests a faster refresh rate on the new Redmi Note-series phones. You can safely expect a 90Hz display.
The new series should include the Redmi Note 9 and Redmi Note 9 Pro — the successors to the Redmi Note 8 and Redmi 8 Pro, respectively. The last-generation Redmi Note phones were launched in India in October. Since Xiaomi’s Redmi Note series is popular for its affordability, the Redmi Note 9 and Redmi Note 9 Pro both are expected to come under the price bracket of Rs. 20,000 and offer a list of compelling features.
Xiaomi has also created a video that has been released through the Redmi India YouTube channel. The video gives a glimpse at the history of the Redmi Note series in India and highlights that its legacy would continue with the new phones.
In November 2014, the Redmi Note 4G was launched as the first 4G Android phone under Rs. 10,000 price range. We can expect that the new Redmi Note phones would come with 5G support at a price significantly affordable than the Realme X50 Pro 5G and iQoo 3 that both are the initial 5G phones in the country.
Xiaomi India Managing Director Manu Kumar Jain in January announced its partnership with Qualcomm to launch one of the first Snapdragon 720G phones in the country. That phone might just be one of the Redmi Note 9 models.
Well, speculations aside, you should stay tuned to us to catch all the latest details with respect to what Xiaomi has for the Indian market.
- Logitech K480 Keyboard for New iPad (2020)Using Logitech A480 keyboard with the iPad 8th generation
- Apple iPad 2020 – Most Affordable and Value for Money iPad everApple has always been known to be manufacturing Premium devices be them iPhones, iMac, iPod or iPad. But New Apple iPad 20020 happens to give the most productive results
- Realme Narzo 20 series to launch in India on Sept 21 – Know all before the launchRealme is about to release Narzo 20 series including Narzo 20, Narzo 20A and Narzo 20 Pro in india this month on Sept 21
- Poco M2 vs Redmi 9 Prime – Which of the two to choose ?Poco finally launched the anticipated Poco M2 this week in India and is already getting enough attention before its availability and first sale on Sept 15. We will be doing a Poco M2 vs Redmi 9 Prime comparison to bring more clarity.
- Poco X3 launched with 6.67 FHD+ Display, Snapdragon 732 SoC, 120Hz Refresh Rate starting 17kPoco finally launched its much anticipated mid segment Poco X3 NFC in a launch event today for its Global launch.