As the Indian government re-imposed 10% service welfare cess over and above existing 20% basic customs duty in India, Apple has increased the price of its iPhones
As the Indian government re-imposed 10% service welfare cess over and above existing 20% basic customs duty in India, Apple has increased the price of its iPhones, including its iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max smartphones in the country. The government last month increased the import duty on PCBA from 10% to 20%, chargers from 15% to 20% and mobile phone components such as display panel, touch panel, microphone and receiver from 0 to 10%.
The iPhone 7 and the iPhone XR currently assembled in India don’t see a price hike. The iPhone 11 and iPad have also seen an exception. Other models such get up to 1.3% hike. The high-end iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB version now costs Rs. 1,43,200, compared to launch price of Rs. 1,41,900. To remind you, the older iPhone models received a price cut in India after the launch of new iPhone 11 series in September last year.
Even though Apple sets a standard MRP, some third-party retailers sell the smartphones at cheaper rates. So you can get it online at cheaper even after this price hike. Check out the change in price below.
|Model||Old MRP (INR )||New MRP ( INR ) From Mar 2||% Increase|
|iPhone 8 64GB||39,900||40,500||1.5|
|iPhone 8 128GB||44,900||45,500||1.33|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB||49,900||50,600||1.4|
|iPhone 8 Plus 128GB||54,900||55,600||1.27|
|iPhone 11 Pro 64GB||99,900||1,01,200||1.3|
|iPhone 11 Pro 256GB||1,13,900||1,15,200||1.14|
|iPhone 11 Pro 512GB||1,31,900||1,33,200||0.98|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB||1,09,900||1,11,200||1.18|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB||1,23,900||1,25,200||1.04|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB||1,41,900||1,43,200||0.91|
- Realme Narzo 20 series to launch in India on Sept 21 – Know all before the launchRealme is about to release Narzo 20 series including Narzo 20, Narzo 20A and Narzo 20 Pro in india this month on Sept 21
- Poco M2 vs Redmi 9 Prime – Which of the two to choose ?Poco finally launched the anticipated Poco M2 this week in India and is already getting enough attention before its availability and first sale on Sept 15. We will be doing a Poco M2 vs Redmi 9 Prime comparison to bring more clarity.
- Poco X3 launched with 6.67 FHD+ Display, Snapdragon 732 SoC, 120Hz Refresh Rate starting 17kPoco finally launched its much anticipated mid segment Poco X3 NFC in a launch event today for its Global launch.
- Poco M2 price and specs leaked before the India launchPoco M2 is going to be the new addition to the Poco line of series and is going to launch in the coming week on Sept 8 via Flipkart.
- Realme 7 Pro launched in India with 6.4″ Amoled, 65W Charging and 64MP Camera for below 20kRealme launched Realme 7 Pro and Realme 7 in india on Thursday for a very attractive price and is an upgrade worthy over its successor Realme 6 series.