- Motorola Edge+ is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC
- The phone carries a 108-megapixel main camera that supports OIS
- Motorola Edge+ packs 5000mAh battery
Motorola launched its latest Edge and Edge+ smartphones recently in the US and India too with its official launch and availability on Flipkart
Flipkart had posted the teaser of the launch of Motorola Edge+ in India under ‘Flipkart Unique’ section, so it is now exclusive to Flipkart. It was unveiled on May 19th, 2020 at 12 PM.
For a few years now, Motorola was completely out of the flagship smartphone game. However, it came with new flagship powered by Snapdragon 865 that easily rivals the likes of Xiaomi’s Mi 10, iQOO3 5G , One Plus 8 besides the likes of Samsung Galaxy S20.
As one would expect, the Motorola Edge Plus price is high up in flagship territory, but if one was hoping for pricing more in line with the Moto G series, it’s going to be a disappointment but nevertheless, it has in offer the latest 5G backed future proof Snapdragon 865 powered device on hand.
Motorola Edge+ smartphone is available to purchase via Flipkart in two colour options. Customers residing in areas marked as Red, Orange, and Green zones will be able to purchase the smartphone, however, its sale is restricted in containment zones, as per the government’s guidelines. Motorola Edge+ was launched on May 19 and the phone was up for pre-booking in the country on the same day.
Motorola Edge+ Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR10 + with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- SoC: Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 12GB LPPDDR5
- ROM: 256GB UFS 3.0
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- OS: Android 10
- Rear cameras: 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, Laser autofocus, 16MP 117° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, macro mode, 8MP telephoto lens with OIS for 3x optical zoom, f/2.4 aperture, 6k at 30fps, 4k 60fps
- Front camera: 25MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm headset jack, Dual stereo speakers tuned by Waves
- Dimensions:161.07 x 71.38 x 9.6mm; Weight: 203g
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W wired and 15W wireless fast charging, 5W wireless reverse charging
Motorola Edge+ price in India, launch offers
The Motorola Edge+ price in India is set at Rs. 74,999 for the single 12GB + 256GB storage variant. The phone is offered in Smoky Sangria and Thunder Grey colour options.
The Edge+ is available to purchase through Flipkart and major offline retail stores. While the phone was also available to purchase via offline stores from May 26 onwards. Coming to launch offers, customers can get flat Rs. 7,500 off on purchases made using ICICI bank credit cards on Flipkart. Buyers can also enjoy this instant discount on EMI transactions made via ICICI bank credits.