One Plus is all set to brings it’s much awaited and hyped premium mid segment phone – One Plus Nord in a few hours from now. The phone is tagged to be an attempt by One Plus to venture in the mid range segment.
Updated (July 21): The much awaited One Plus Nord finally came to existence in the Augmented Reality Based event which happened on July 21. In the virtual presence of Carl Pei, the device was live introduced to its fans and million of audiences worldwide. It was an event worth watching and each moment felt as though one was in middle of the event and it was a touch of fresh air to have an event happen this way. The 3D imagery of the device and its total body breakdown gave viewers a great insight into what was on offer.
OnePlus Nord Specifications
- Screen: 6.44-inch OLED, 2400 x 1080 resolution with a 20:9 aspect ratio
- Rear cameras: wide-angle 48-megapixel, ultrawide 8-megapixel (119-degree) lens, 2-megapixel macro camera, 5-megapixel depth sensor
- Selfie camera: wide-angle 32-megapixel, ultrawide 8-megapixel (105-degree) camera
- Dimensions: 73.3 x 158.3 x 8.2 mm, 184g
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
Earlier: Over the past few weeks, there has been much hype and revelation about the design, specs, possible pricing via leaks and even by the man himself Carl Pei by coming up though only disclosing the prototype, which though isn’t the final design. While the One Plus Nord is already revealed by now and here are the prototype and final design images.
The much created hype by One Plus which is looking to venture into the lower and mid range segment to cater to the Asian sensibilities has spurred lot of interest. Though it isn’t entirely this new budget mid range segment but One Plus has successfully each year been able to create enough buzz and also deliver on its promise of delivering high end products. But with this new move with the launch of its first mid segment One Plus Smart TVs and now the much anticipated One Plus Nord which was one considered to have be launched under the name of One Plus Z.
One Plus Nord has managed to create enough interest and attention since Asian region especially india is very price sensitive market. This is a very smart move and One Plus has been quick enough to make this effort to foray into this price segment, while the giants like Apple are still pondering, though attempts have been made to launch iPhone SE 2 which is still a 40k device and no way considered to be a mid price ranger.
Neverthless, One Plus has hit the nail and has been very active off late spreading news via official channels and also through leaks to disclose the much awaited details of One Plus Nord design, it’s specs and most anticipated the price range. Let’s eye through some of those details just a few hours before the official announcement of the device.
One Plus Nord AR Invite
The OnePlus Nord has an augmented reality (AR) angle to its launch whichbis tontake place on July 21.
Interestingly the AR launch of the device which allows viewing from comfort of home can be bought for a meagre ₹99. Going by how One Plus has always used it’s loyal customer base to share invites, continuing the same and adding to novelty they have AR invites though for a small charge. This sure would make many more people be proud and excited to have such a personalised attendance in the event, especially in Covid times. The AR invites assure a gift for everyone enrolling for the same.
Here are the goodies that come along with the pre-booked One Plus Nord and images of the same have been shared by numerous fans who are excited to receive them.
One Plus Nord Specifications
Recent teasers have confirmed that the OnePlus Nord will feature a quad rear camera setup, with a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 primary sensor that supports optical image stabilisation (OIS). The phone will also come with a 90Hz AMOLED display and will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SoC. Further, it will pack a 4,115mAh battery with 30W Warp Charge support. You’ll also get a dual selfie camera at the front, with a 32-megapixel primary sensor. Besides, it will have a glass back.
Where to watch Livestream
The OnePlus Nord launch is scheduled for 7:30pm IST on July 21. Alongside the new smartphone, OnePlus is launching its first truly wireless (TWS) earbuds that are called the OnePlus Buds. If you want to watch through your browser, you need to head to Nord.OnePlus.com/NordAR. Y
To experience Nord on July 21, there’s a few things you need to do beforehand.
• Download the OnePlus Nord AR App, available from both the Google Play Store and Apple App Store
• Create your avatar (or skip this if you’re boring)
• Wait for 7.30 pm on July 21 for the full experience
You can also watch the event below and click the video link to set a reminder for tonight’s launch.
We will keep you further updated as we have more details.
One Plus News
- One Plus Nord launched in India starting ₹24999 – Know Specs and Availability
- One Plus to launch three new mid range TVs in India – Know Price, Specs and Launch Date
- One Plus Z aka Nord ‘Confirmed’ by Company, Teaser appears on Amazon India
- One Plus disables X-Ray camera filter to see through clothes and material, plans to re-enable
- One Plus 8 and One Plus 8 Pro sale postponed, Limited sale on May 29
- OnePlus Z 5G likely to release with Snapdragon 765G in July – Know More
- Logitech K480 Keyboard for New iPad (2020)
- Apple iPad 2020 – Most Affordable and Value for Money iPad ever
- Realme Narzo 20 series to launch in India on Sept 21 – Know all before the launch
- Poco M2 vs Redmi 9 Prime – Which of the two to choose ?
- Poco X3 launched with 6.67 FHD+ Display, Snapdragon 732 SoC, 120Hz Refresh Rate starting 17k
- Poco M2 price and specs leaked before the India launch