One Plus is working towards a new mid segment device “One Plus Clover” below 15k with a brand new processor to explore and meet the need of countries like India and to suit their pockets.
It was not long before that One Plus came with OnePlus 8/8 Pro, and it didn’t take long enough and surprised indian consumers with One Plus Nord and both these series have taken the Indian market by a storm. Never did we anticipate that OnePlus would be so eager to work as per the need and expectations of Indian consumers. And now One Plus is all set and ready to bring about “One Plus Clover” a below 15k device placing itself in the most growing price segment.
One Plus had created a niche for itself over the last few years with each coming year upgrading it’s One Plus series of Flagship killers but for now it seems it has bigger plans. With the budget segment One Plus Smart TVs launched starting ₹12,999, one couldn’t believe that a brand like One Plus could suddenly be so affordable. The same happened with One Plus Nord where they created presence in upper middle segment launching a Snapdragon 765G enabled Nord at a price which matched its first ever One Plus device getting it below 25k.
In the same series now One Plus is working towards getting a brand new phone for the lower segment with a brand new processor. The new device has been getting different names from One Plus Nord Lite to Billie to what not. But with the recent updates, One Plus now plans to bring “One Plus Clover” below 15k price range.
It still remains to be seen if there are more devices mid way before One Plus Clover gets to reach Indian market. While for now, Clover will first see the face of US market before being made available to other markets. The phone is expected to come with a 6.5″ HD+ display powered by Snapdragon 460 and is anticipated by end of 2020. However the possibility of a One Plus Nord Lite with a Snapdragon 600 series cannot be denied and can make it to Indian shores before One Plus Clover.
The Snapdragon 460 SOC (SM4250) powered phone surfaced in a listing last week.
One Recent Posts
The new Snapdragon 460 raises an eyebrow since it cannot be considered a powerful enough processor and the repute One Plus has created so far for itself doesn’t gets lived upto with Qualcomm 400 series. One Plus has so far been known for well built and impressionable designs above par devices. Even the One Plus Nord stands tall in its segment and has been taken up with open arms and the response to it has been massive.
One wonders if One Plus is just testing the pulse of Indian market or it wants to become the next Samsung catering to every possible price segment and for now below 15k segment is the hottest and most growing one. So One Plus will have to top up its game or alter its plans if it so desires to come up with a 400 series Qualcomm processor for it would be way below the desired expectations and more so if it doesn’t come inthe expected price segment.
Though for now the price might just only be a speculation since One Plus has too many products up its sleeves and is working towards building an entire ecosystem with One Plus Smartwatch in the works and many more devices. So we can take this 15k price with a pinch of salt and consider it a leak and wait for the actual product and price with which it lands in Indian market, for One Plus has a greater responsibility to keep up its reputation.
We will keep you posted with more updates as and when we get them.
One Plus News
- One Plus Nord launched in India starting ₹24999 – Know Specs and Availability
- One Plus to launch three new mid range TVs in India – Know Price, Specs and Launch Date
- One Plus Z aka Nord ‘Confirmed’ by Company, Teaser appears on Amazon India
- One Plus disables X-Ray camera filter to see through clothes and material, plans to re-enable
- One Plus 8 and One Plus 8 Pro sale postponed, Limited sale on May 29
- OnePlus Z 5G likely to release with Snapdragon 765G in July – Know More
- Realme Narzo 20 series to launch in India on Sept 21 – Know all before the launch
- Poco M2 vs Redmi 9 Prime – Which of the two to choose ?
- Poco X3 launched with 6.67 FHD+ Display, Snapdragon 732 SoC, 120Hz Refresh Rate starting 17k
- Poco M2 price and specs leaked before the India launch
- Realme 7 Pro launched in India with 6.4″ Amoled, 65W Charging and 64MP Camera for below 20k
- Realme 7 launched in India with 30W Dart Charging, Helio G95T starting ₹14999